Sediment Control Rolls
Sediment barriers to intercept sheet flow runoff and sediment particles from disturbed areas.
East Coast Erosion offers a wide variety of sediment control rolls, which are sediment barriers designed to intercept sheet flow runoff and sediment particles from disturbed areas. Construction or restoration sites in medium- and high-flow areas can be vulnerable to water and other natural elements. With our selection of flexible straw wattles, excelsior wattles and coir logs, you can keep these factors under control for the duration of your project.
East Coast Erosion has multiple types of straw wattles, including:
- 9” Straw Wattle: Designed for smaller applications, this wattle is made of 100% straw fiber and weighs 2.8 lb. per linear foot. It comes with photodegradable tubular black polypropylene netting — a smart choice if you want eco-friendly options.
- 12” Straw Wattle: With 12” sediment retention fiber rolls (SRFR), you can take on most medium-sized applications. These weigh 4.5 lb. per linear foot and come with eco-friendly photodegradable tubular black polypropylene netting.
- 20” Straw Wattle: Like its smaller counterparts, the 20” straw wattle is built from 100% straw and photodegradable netting. It weighs 7.7 lb. per linear foot and helps control the flow of sediment in larger erosion control projects.
Excelsior wattles protect vegetation perimeters, maintain check dams and manage runoff at slopes and water channels. Types of excelsior wattle products we offer include:
- 12” Excelsior Wattle: Our 12” excelsior wattles are made of 100% weed-free aspen excelsior and polyethylene netting. They provide erosion control for smaller and medium-sized applications.
- 20” Excelsior Wattle: Manufactured from aspen excelsior and reinforced with polyethylene netting, these sediment control rolls are 20” in diameter and strong enough to deliver reliable service under demanding conditions.
Our inventory includes multiple sizes of coir logs, which are completely biodegradable and have a functional longevity of two to five years. Options include:
- 12” Standard Coir Log: We manufacture 12” standard coir logs with organic fiber and coir twine. This product is a lighter option, best suited for small streams and ponds.
- 16” Standard Coir Log: The 16” standard coir log is a little bit larger in diameter than the 12” product. Its size and organic composition make it durable yet eco-friendly.
- 20” Standard Coir Log: Our 20” standard coir logs function best near larger ponds and streams, where more protection is necessary than the 12” or 16” coir log can provide.
- 12” Premium Coir Log: If you’re looking for a strong, dense erosion control solution, consider our 12” premium coir logs. These are 100% coir and optimal for small lakes or other bodies of water.
- 16” Premium Coir Log: Our 16” premium coir logs are made of densely packed organic material. They manage soil and sediment erosion for large or high-energy bodies of water.
- 20” Premium Coir Log: This coir log option is built for major lake, bayshore and streambank applications due to its high-density and large diameter.
Contact East Coast Erosion Control
For more information about our sedimental control rolls and guidance on which sediment retention installation is right for your project, contact East Coast Erosion today!